Monday, January 11, 2010

Hope

I love Emily Dickinson. Of all the poets I've studied, she speaks the most to me. When I saw that the poem this week at Scrap That Poetry was "Hope" by Emily Dickinson, I couldn't help but immediately start brainstorming. I also saw that If the Shoe Fits...Scrap It was challenging readers to use chipboard on a layout, so I found my Maya Road chipboard bird and a little chipboard bird sticker by K and Company that I completely re-covered.



The large bird didn't come with a wing, so I made a wing out of a Maya Road chipboard flower petal. The little bird's wing was attached to the center of her body, so I removed it and placed it to look like the bird was flying. I inked the birds with chalk ink to be sure they stood out. I misted the background paper and made the orange words by hand (I drew the letters, painted them with Twinkling H2O's, and then cut them out with my Cutter-bee scissors).


I have to say, this is probably my favorite layout of 2010 so far. Thanks for looking! Tessa

8 comments:

  1. lovely LO! I think the bird is especially pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Tessa you are on a roll!! I love this page!!! Such a cool way to journal! Love the fonts you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the elements you used on this, the pompoms the birds the colors the journaling - just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i just LOVE this...it's so beautiful!! awesome work!! thanks so much for playing along w/ us at STP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing... it is beautiful!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful!!! love the colors and the birds are just the cutest!!! good work and thanks so much for playing along at STP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome as always Tessa! Thanks for playing along with us:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! lovely! love love love it! im a sucker for birds! thanks for playing along at the Shoe this week and sharing this with us!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!