Monday, March 22, 2010

Button, button, who's got the button?

I loved playing that game as a kid!  Probably because I've been a button addict my whole life :).  When I saw the new challenge at The Studio, I was super excited because it involves buttons - but that's not all!

The challenge: "Buttons and bows! Use either buttons or bows on your page – or both for extra ‘brownie points’!"


I took it a step further.  I have a jar of clear buttons that don't get used as often as they should, so I challenged myself to use those buttons specifically.  Once I found the photos I wanted to scrap, I realized bows wouldn't belong on my page, but I did put my clear buttons to good use!



I thought the clear buttons would make perfect raindrops, and I am really happy with the result!  The photos are from a road trip my kids and I took last weekend.  On the last leg of our journey, it got cloudy and rainy.  The boys were so wound-up that I braved the rain, pulled over at this scenic viewpoint, and let them play for a few minutes.  They were good the rest of the way home :).


My favorite thing about this layout is that my boys really liked it.  Like, went-back-a-couple-of-times-to-look-at-it liked it.  The DT did amazing work on this challenge, so please head over to The Studio to check out their layouts.  There is a paper bow you MUST see!  And thank you to everyone who hopped over to The Studio last Friday to check out my tutorial.  Your sweet words made my day!

Happy Scrapping! Tessa

6 comments:

  1. I love this, and I soooo am a button addict, too!!! I am hoping to play along with this one, too. That would make the first time I ever played along with both Studio prompts in on month! Yeah!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great layout!! love the clear buttons as rain drops!! sooo creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those button raindrops - the colour combo really works here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the buttons! I love your whole blog! Feel free to be a Follower on mine too!

    http://scrappinupastorm.blogspot.com/

    Cheers!
    Shelee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever! Love the buttons as raindrops. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!