Monday, April 12, 2010

Celebrating 50 Years

My grandparents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary on Friday.  It has kind of become a tradition that I make altered canvases for weddings and anniversaries, so of course I had to make one for this special event.


The smaller photo is of my grandparents leaving the wedding chapel, and the larger photo is a more recent portrait.  Gold is the most prominent color (as is customary for the 50th wedding anniversary), but I also added a touch of teal and rusty orange. 


I treated the canvas with gesso, then a gold/champagne acrylic paint.  I dry brushed spray paint (I sprayed it into a bowl and then dipped my brush in) around the edges.  I spray-painted some of the flowers gold and used patterned paper with gold foil accents.  Vintage-inspired buttons serve as flower centers and I coated my chipboard title and embellishment with vintage glass glitter.


We wish we could be there, but the timing just isn't right for a trek clear to California.  I'm sure Grandma and Grandpa will see the love we have for them in the canvas :).

I hope your Monday is going well! Thanks for stopping by! Tessa

3 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwww!! Happy Anniversary to your grandparents!!! HOW AMAZING!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the canvas U made for them!! I love love love love love the photos and the colors! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special gift! I bet they will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful gift! I'm sure your grandparents will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!