Thursday, July 1, 2010

Face

We have a new prompt for you at Scrap That Poetry!  The poem is "First Love" by John Clare.  I thought of several different directions I could take on this one, but as I was browsing through photos I found this picture of Carson.  Instantly, the line "I never saw so sweet a face" stood out to me and became my subtitle and title.


Carson has a talent for making faces, and this is my favorite one.  I've used my June Scrapbook Circle kit and some embellies from my stash.  I love those velvet flowers.  I bought them here on Etsy before Maya Road began manufacturing them. 


Not only did I choose the red-white-blue color scheme because it matches my photo and is one of my favorite combos, but also because I was inspired by the second World Cup Challenge at The Studio - scrap using your country's flag's colors.  I know we're out of the tournament now, but go USA!

Don't forget about my giveaway!  I'm excited to be meeting new people and to be hearing from people who stop by often but don't always leave comments.  I'll be back later today with a fun Fourth of July decoration to share :).  Happy Thursday! Tessa

5 comments:

  1. This is just so perfect! I love the rich colored embellies that you used! VERY ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS Tessa!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee that photo and the colors! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layouts always make me want to scrapbook. One of these days, I'll find the time to do it again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!