Thursday, July 1, 2010

Patriotic Pinwheel Garland

When I saw the new Summer Stack from DCWV, I had to have it!  The patterns are beautiful, and I especially loved the red, white, and blue papers.  I wanted to make something to decorate for Independence Day, so inspired by the pinwheel and the banner trends, I created a patriotic pinwheel garland.


I cut the pinwheels out of 6 designs from the stack, and secured each one in the center with a brad.  I punched holes in opposite corners of each pinwheel, tied ribbons between, and viola!  Thirty minutes later I had a garland to grace my front window.  Said window does not let in proper photography light, so I brought the garland out front to take pictures. 


The papers were just perfect!  Since they are double-sided, I was able to make two pinwheels from each pattern and fold them opposite ways for two distinct pinwheels.  I have a total of twelve on my garland, each one unique from the others.


Grandma Carrie sent us some patriotic pencils, so later today we are going to make more pinwheels and secure them to the pencil erasers with sewing pins.  They'll really twirl and the boys can't wait.

If you ever want a garland like this one in a different theme or color scheme, let me know.  I'd be happy to make a custom one for you and add it to my shop.  Don't forget about my giveaway and check out today's earlier post with the new Scrap That Poetry prompt.  Have a great day!  Tessa

3 comments:

  1. Wowwwwww! This is AMAZING Tessa!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEE it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty cool! I wish I'd thought of doing this before England flunked out of the world cup!

    Hmm, do I spy a pretty yellow bush in that 1st picture? It would make a great page ;) (Or maybe your property is just brimming with a whole bunch of awesome yellow-ness?)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!