Monday, June 20, 2011

4th of July Wand and Tutorial

My favorite holiday is just around the corner - the 4th of July! We are celebrating Independence Day (and other summer fun) on the SRM blog today.  I am sharing these wands, perfect for waving at a parade or enjoying before the fireworks show begins:



Would you like to see how I made them?  Here goes :).  Gather your materials: wands, glue dots, E6000 glue, scissors, necklaces or garland, and a pom pom.


1. Begin by trimming down your pom pom for the wand topper. You will want a fairly large, flat end for gluing the pom pom to the wand's lid.

2. Remove the lid from your wand. Add a generous dab of E6000 glue to the lid and place the pom pom firmly in the center.  Lay aside to dry. Tip: Don't play with the glue!  It won't seem very sticky at first, but if you let it dry without fussing over it, you'll get a secure attachment.

3. Cut your necklace into a strand. Add a glue dot to the back of a star and adhere to your wand, leaving enough room for the lid.

4. Fill with candy and replace the lid (once dry!).  Tip: I used Red Hots and York Peppermint Patty Pieces for my red, white and blue candies.








Continue adding glue dots to the stars as you wind the strand around the wand.  When you've reached the end, simply snip off the remaining necklace.





If you are interested in making wands or tubes, and your local scrapbook store isn't carrying them, you can order some directly from SRM Stickers here.  I hope you enjoyed the tutorial! Let me know if you have any questions :).  Have a great day! Tessa

PS - My class at Miss Art's Papercrafting School starts today! If your journaling is in need of jazzing up, be sure to take a look here :).

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!