Monday, August 8, 2011

The Studio - Books

There's a new layout challenge at The Studio, with a voucher to Scrap Rat up for grabs.  The challenge is to create a layout inspired by books - titles, covers, stories, anything related to books.  


When I first began designing for Scrap Rat about a year ago, I was sent a beautiful, distressed, vintage book cover. I thought about using it for a mini album cover, but I just never found the right project. Then this challenge came along and I just knew I had to incorporate my book cover.


I love the left edge where you can see it was torn from the spine of the book. I love the worn corners, scuffs and scratches. I thought it would make a great background piece. As I looked for a photo to use, this picture of my boys in their Converse and blue jeans grabbed my attention. The blue was perfect, and then the title and journaling seemed to just fall into place, right on theme.



If you'd like to play along, we would love to have you! You can find all the details on entering here. Have a wonderful day! Tessa

6 comments:

  1. WOW Tessa!! It's awesome!! I love the yellow background paper, and what a great idea to use a vintage book cover!! Blue and yellow is such a powerful combination. And I love those little butterflies (and the big ones too!). Love everything about this LO. Brilliant!! Scrap-lift worthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job! super cool photo too!!

    It is a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layout, Tessa! I love *everything* about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is just fabulous--love the photo and all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a sweet photo, I really love the color combo that you used here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your picture just sparked an idea! Thank you!! this is a GREAT layout--loving the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!