Sunday, September 28, 2014

Keep Going - The Studio

There is a new challenge up at The Studio today :). The challenge is to choose a design team member's layout and scraplift it. I enjoy a good scraplift, and I adored a recent layout done by fellow design team member, Leslie, so this was a great challenge. Here's my take, using Basic Grey's Persimmon line and a bit of Studio Calico vellum:


This is Leslie's fabulous layout, created for our tic-tac-toe challenge last month:


I love the diagonal strips of patterned papers that Leslie created. Quilt-inspired patterns are really trendy right now, and I thought this was a great take on that idea. Leslie's arrow embellishments inspired the theme of my page:


I am preparing for the world-wide conference of my church (the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) that will be held and broadcast this coming weekend. One of the ways I like to get myself ready to receive the messages that will be shared is to go back to previous conferences, as well as talks given in other venues, and review them. In my study I came across this quote and it became the journaling for my layout:


These words are from this message by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland. If you need some encouragement, I highly recommend that you follow the link and watch the beautiful video, or even read the whole talk.

I loved every bit of Leslie's layout, but my process did take me in a direction of my own in some aspects. Journaling to the left of the photo as well as under my title...


A chipboard title (although I would have loved to use my Silhouette Cameo for a die-cut title - the baby was sleeping, though)...


Patterned paper at the bottom, but not both the bottom and the side...


If you'd like to play along the with us, or even just check out the rest of the design team's scraplifts (such good stuff!), please visit The Studio Challenges blog. I hope you enjoy your day and thank you for stopping by! Tessa

1 comment:

  1. fun layout - love the rich, fall color pallete you used!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!