Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Wonder Woman Costume Accessories - Love My Tapes

Hello! This year for Halloween, our family is dressing up with a theme - superheroes! I shopped for t-shirts around town and online, and we picked up capes during our trip to Six Flags this past summer. We also picked up this adorable Wonder Woman onesie for Adlyn:


When I was getting her costume ready for the Trunk or Treat party, I realized the outfit was missing something. It came with tights and a cute hairbow, but no crown and cuffs! Those are kinda important, I think, so I pulled out the new glitter cardstock from Love My Tapes and went to work.


I drew the shape of the crown onto the back of the cardstock and used scissors to cut it out. I then hot glued it to a gold metallic headband. To make the star, I used red glitter paper and my Epiphany Crafts star tool to make a star epoxy. I hot glued the star to the center of the crown.


To make the cuffs, I simply cut out long rectangles of gold glitter paper and added more stars. To attach them to her sleeves, I used tape. I'm not going for longevity here, just looks ;).


Safety tip: If you make paper accessories or any accessories for a baby or small child with small parts, the child should always have adult supervision while wearing them. 

You can see my post on the Love My Tapes blog here. Do you like the comic book effects on my photos? You can find those here. Have a great day! Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!