Monday, January 25, 2016

Ooh La La - Pink Paislee

As soon as I found out I was having a girl, people asked if I'd put her in dance class. My answer was always yes, if she'd like to dance. I didn't want her to dance just because Mommy did; however, I knew she'd be influenced. In her little life she has gone to many dance competitions and performances. She has stopped by the studio, she has played during private lessons, and she loves to get together with Mommy's dancers at our parties. She has seen Mommy work on choreography at home and she loves to watch dance videos on YouTube, Facebook and IG. 




Addie loved getting ballet shoes. I have to hide them or else she'd wear them 24/7.

I just knew she was a dancer when I taught her "I'm a Little Teapot". The way she pops her hip when she does the "handle" action and the way her jazzy little hand shoots out in the air when she does the "spout" action told me that yes, this girl is a dancer (and probably a jazz dancer like her Mom!). Put her in class! 


Practicing a bun. We usually let her curls do their wild thing. Can't get away with that for ballet class!

So, she joined my tiny tots class for 2 and 3-year-olds at Northern California Dance Conservatory (NCDC). I don't know how long this will last. Part of me hopes forever, and part of me - who knows all the not so fun stuff about dance - wouldn't mind getting caught up in different hobbies or sports or passions. But, she loves to dance, and I love to dance, and I'm going to love sharing that passion with her as long as she wants it to be that way.


She wouldn't stop staring at herself in the mirror long enough to smile for me ;).

The new C'est La Vie collection by Pink Paislee was perfect for documenting this incredibly special moment in her - who am I kidding? - our lives. You can read more about the gorgeous products in the line and my process on the Pink Paislee blog today


I've also got tips in the post for what you don't want to miss when documenting dance class milestones like this.


I LOVE the mirror stickers and the gold glittered cork stickers and the ephemera and...all of it, really. It's a great collection for dance layouts and much, much more.



Thank you for stopping by today! Tessa

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow... this is so beautiful!! And the picture is so sweet! Gorgeous paper and yes.. perfect for this layout...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!