Thursday, May 12, 2016

Mixed Media Cards - Pink Paislee

One of my favorite things to do when I have some spare time (like waiting for school to get out during pick up) is to scroll through Instagram or Pinterest admiring mixed media scrapbook layouts and art journaling. I admire so much what talented people can do with paint! Someday I'll learn, but in the meantime, I play:


I was tasked by Pink Paislee with the assignment to apply some mixed media techniques to a set of cards. I chose to create with the C'est La Vie collection because I wanted to experiment with the gorgeous deep teal color in that line:


I mixed blue and green acrylic paints until I had the color I wanted, and then I mixed that with gel medium. The gel medium gives body to the paint. I generously applied the paint in thick brush strokes so that when dry, the paint was raised. It's the kind of texture that makes you think the paint is still wet.


I let each card dry and then I added layers of patterned paper, metallic thread and washi tape. I used foam adhesive to lift the embellishments off the card faces.


You can read more, see more photos and visit the other mixed media posts from this week, on the Pink Paislee blog here. Thanks for stopping by today! Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!